A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Beginnings

Chris was walking back from psychology. It was like any other Monday afternoon. When he arrived at the dorm, he checked his mail. He found he had gotten a package form his brother. He went to the front desk to claim it. The man at the desk went to the back room and returned with a rather small box. Chris took it up to his room. He put his backpack in the corner and began tearing through the tape and postage. He found a pile of packing peanuts covering a velvet pouch. He opened it up to see the contents. A small gem, very smooth and dark purple in color, fell into his hand. After examining it, he went back to the box and found a note:
Dear Chris,
Hey bro, haven't heard from you in a while. I had a weekend off from studying in London, so I took a trip with some of my new friends around the country. It's nice out here. You and mom would probably really like it up here. Bought this in some small town, thought you'd like it. Consider it a birthday/Christmas/Easter/President's day present. It cost me a bit, but I gotta spend this scholarship money some how! Maybe you can keep it for luck or something. Well, guess that's all for now. See you guys around Christmas.
Love Cliff
Chris liked it. It felt good to have something like it. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he was supposed to have it. Chris put the stone in his pocket and headed out for his next class.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Like any RPG, there's some sort of causal element to the action. Something new enters the scene. I'm not positive yet, but I'm probably going to make it the stone. Not to give anything away, but it's pretty obvious.

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home