A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Beginnings: part 2

After class, Chris went to the amphitheatre to do some homework. It was a warm day, so he thought it'd be good to get some fresh air. As he usually did, he got bored pretty early into the assignment. He got out his gem and started tossing it up in the air. Being so dark, it got warm pretty quickly. He put it down and started back on his homework. About half way through, he decided to finish at his dorm room where there weren't so many temptations to enjoy the weather. As he reached for the stone, he could feel the heat coming off of it. "Maybe I shouldn't have left it in the sun so long," he thought. He tapped it into the pouch, nearly burning his finger. He put it on his desk when he got to his room. He decided to let it cool off while he was doing his homework.
Half an hour passed, and Chris hadn't gotten much accomplished. He decided to head out for a while. His stone was still hot, so he left it on the desk. As he was walking down the road, he felt a really cold breeze pass by. He looked up and saw clouds moving in pretty quickly. "Spring showers, I guess," he thought to himself. Chris went in to the library to keep from gettting caught in the rain. By the time he had gotten in, the sky was completely dark. Not a ray of sunlight was getting down to campus. He decided the library would be the best place to wait out the storm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I can't find where the blog profile shows up, so I decided to post it here:
"Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title."
That explains it pretty well. I've been racking my brain for how the causal agent causes the change. I've finally thought of a good way that can become a major part of the story later on. But I guess you'll have to wait for quite a while for that!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home