A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Beginnings: part 3

Chris decided to pass the time with a book. It still hadn't started raining outside, but he'd be able to stay dry in the library if it decided to start. It was, however, getting really dark outside. He grabbed a book and took a seat by a window. He occasionally looked outside to see if the clouds were letting up any, but it didn't seem so. Chris had a bad feeling about it. He put down his book and just stared out the window. That's when things got weird. Over the horizon, he saw something resembling a tidal wave, but it wasn't water. It was pretty distant. Chris decided it was some kind of tornado. He thought he'd better head for the emergency shelter. He went outside, still pretty calm. But he saw the wave was moving closer alot more quickly than he thought. He decided he'd better run. Sprinting down the sidewalk, he occasionally looked back. He was getting close to the hill on campus. The shelter was at the foot of the hill, so he wouldn't have to run up any stairs. He was still a good distance away when he saw the wave passing buildings in the distance. He ran as fast as he could toward the hill, not even looking back. But then he felt a huge force hit him. He lost consciousness right there.
Thoughts were going through his head.
Wait, what happened? I must've gotten knocked out... I was running from... What was it? I've never seen anything like it.
Like awakening from a dream, Chris was still sorting out what had happened. He slowly sat up and opened his eyes. "Whoa..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

So, here's where things get different. I'm at a lost for certain plot points. I guess that's why most RPGs take a while to make. Anyway, I'm sure you all (and by all I mean the only probable reader) are wondering what's going on, and at the same probably have a good idea of what's going on. Guess you'll just have to wait.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home