A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Beginnings: Confusion

As he came to his senses, Chris was unsure he had gained consciousness yet. He looked up where there was once the main building on campus. The belltower and everything around it had completely changed. His best judgement told him he was looking at a castle.

Chris wasn't sure what was going on. He got to his feet and looked around. No sidewalks or roads. He did see a few people, though. He was beginning to think this was like a movie or video game. "Yeah, like somebody goes back in time or something. But that couldn't be it. People would be staring at my futuristic clothes..." looking down, he noticed his T-shirt and jeans had been replaced by rough wool. "Oh, boy." Thinking through it, Chris was really confused. If he had gone back in time, there wouldn't be a castle here, but just a forest or something. "The English weren't living in America... "And time travel isn't even possible... is it? All sorts of laws of science are against me... or at least that explanantion. Maybe its a reality show, but it'd have to be high budget with that wave thing..." Chris's mind continued to race. He decided he'd be best off not to think about it. He wouldn't be able to come up with an answer. "Although, that castle does look alot like the building on campus. The hill's similar, too. But what if I really have gone back in time? It could be pretty dangerous... I could offend someone, and they could just slice my head off... No. I know the ins and outs of medieval society. I've played enough video games to write a book on it. This'll be a piece of cake. First thing I need to do is find a strategy guide... No, set a goal: find out where or when I am, why I'm here, and get back. Simple as that. I hope."

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

With this installment, you can see Chris is confused, as anyone would be. He doesn't know what's going on, and acts accordingly. I'm not sure exactly where this is going, but I'll figure something out. I do know why where/when he is, in case you're wondering. At least I know a little more than the main character.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home