A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Beginnings: Looking for information

"Maybe I should put an Old English twist on my speech... no, I can't assume I'm in anytime other than the present." Chris planned to ask someone about what was going on. He was pretty nervous. For all he knew, no one here spoke English. "Maybe a 'hi, I'm Chris; where am I.' No, more of a 'hey, how's it going? what year is it?' Ok, ok, maybe that's a little weird, maybe 'do you know the date? Day, month, and year, that is.' Well, that one's better; I just have to trust that people speak English."
As he was speaking, some one came up to him. "You alright, there? Lookin' a bit ill."
"Oh yeah, I'm fi- good, he speaks English. Just a bit confused is all. I got knocked out yesterday and can't remember what year it is. Would you happen to know? YES! That was awesome. This'll be a breeze."
"2005, if memory serves. Knocked out you say? Must've been theives. If you don't watch out, they'll get ya!"
Looking up, the man was alot older than Chris orignally thought. He was probably in his 50's. He reminded Chris of one of his professors. "So... did you notice some unusual weather yesterday? Maybe a giant wave?"
"Nope. Clear and sunny day. You might wanna come with me. You must not've had much to eat recently."
"Oh right, because I've been unconscious. That's generous of you."
"Well, I've got plenty of food at the house."
"And where would the house be?"
"Right in there," he said, pointing at the castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home