A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Misthalin: the prisoners

Chris walked around to the back of the building. There were a few windows. Chris looked through one. Inside was a cell. Empty, though. The second however, had the two he had seen. "Hey!" Chris quietly shouted. The woman looked up through her brown hair. She seemed to be in her mid-20's.
"Umm... yeah?"
"Er... where you talking about... a giant wave?" Chris asked in a hushed voice.
The woman stood up and walked to the window. "Yes! Did you see it?!"
Chris waved his hand to keep her quiet. "Well, yeah. A few days back," he whispered. Chris looked over and saw the man on the other side of the cell. He had a hat covering most of his face, but he seemed to be listening to the conversation.
"Then what's going on?" she asked.
"I'm not reall sure." Chris stopped whispering, assured that the guard hadn't heard anything yet. At that, the man's head snapped up.
"Chris?"
The woman looked back and forth between them. "You two know each other?"
Chris stared at the man. "I'm not sure..." The man stood up and took his hat off. He was about Chris's height and had thick black hair. He was probably in his mid-20's as well. However, Chris didn't recognize him. "I... don't... who are you?"
The man gave a quick laugh. "I can see why you don't remember, though. You say you saw the wave a few days ago?" Chris nodded. "So within the past week you were still on campus..."
"Yeah..." Chris was then hit with another thought: "wait... How do you know that..."
"...you're in college? We were in the same dorm."
Chris ran through the information. His hall was only freshmen, and if this guy's in his 20's, then... "...you appeared a few years back, then?"
"Six years ago."
"But who are you?!" Chris was still frustrated that he hadn't revealed his identity.
"Eric."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home