A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Beginings: an end

They arrived back at town. Once in the house, Lawrence (or Dr. Robinson) began walking around the house, looking for something. "I've been able to collect quite a few books over the past decade." He started pulling out books from shelves. "Alright, you'll need this, this is a good one, oh can't do without this..."
"Wait, where am I going, exactly?" asked Chris.
"I'm not sure, but these will help you get there." He put a pile of books down on the table. There were about five. "I'll hire someone to help you get around. You'll also need a horse or mule and some other supplies. Your best bet for a destination is Cortitia. It's the intellectual capital of the country."
"So which way is it?" he asked.
"That's where this atlas comes in. This has a map of just about anywhere you'll visit."
"Thanks, Lawre- - Professor. But why help me if you're happy with things as they are?"
"I have everything I need here, but what kind of life would it be for you? I'm only giving out of my abundance. If you set things right, that's fine. If you don't, I'm still in a good position. It's up to you wether or not things go back to normal."
Lawrence went off into town to get things for Chris's trip.

Early in the afternoon, he got back with a load of supplies on a horse-driven cart. "Chris, this is Milo. He'll be taking care of the horse and cart."
"Nice to meet you, Milo," Chris said.
"Right, then. Pleasur' to meet ya."
Lawrence piled a few more things in the cart from the house. Several books and some other supplies he couldn't quite distinguish.
"Bit of last minute advice: watch out for theives and wild animals, read those books during the rides, and don't tell anyone what we know."
"Thanks for all your help, Professor."
"Not a problem, Chris. Best of luck on your journey."
With that, Chris got on the cart. Milo hopped on in the front and got the horse going. Chris waved goodbye. They left the town and entered the forest. Chris watched the Castle slowly disappear between the trees. He then turned around and picked up one of the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home