A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Misthalin

Chris looked up to the top of the wall. There was a pair of a guards looking down at him.
"Hello up there!" Chris shouted. "You don't suppose you could let me, do you?"
"What's your business here?" asked one.
Chris wasn't actually sure. "I was on my way to Cortitia when I was attacked by theives. I was hoping to get some supplies here and be back on my way."
The guard nodded to the other who walked out of Chris's view. He heard some noises behind the door, followed by a loud creak. The door slowly opened. The guard waved him in. Chris walked through, and the guard closed the door behind him. The town wasn't nearly as crowded as Arundel. There was plenty of room between buildings. Chris asked the guard for directions to where he could buy a cart and horse. The guard pointed toward a long building not too far away. Chris thanked him and started toward the building. It then struck him that he had no money. Soon after, another thought struck him: "I don't even know what the currency is!" Chris reached in his pocket, hoping for something. Nothing except what Milo gave him. It wouldn't be long until night. He realized he'd need something to eat. "I guess I'll have to sell something..."
Chris found a small marketplace not far off. On man, selling silverware, agreed to buy his knife. The man handed him a few coins. Chris quickly inspected them. They were all the same. A little bigger than a quarter. On one side was an engraving of an eagle. On the other, large bold letters spelled KANDARIN. Chris remebered the name from the atlas. He put the coins in his pocket. "Let's just hope ths is enough to eat off of."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home