A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Road to Cortitia: trouble continues

Chris rode back through the forest fairly quickly. He couldn't remember the last time he rode a horse, but it wasn't difficult. He eventually found the path that Milo was talking about. He started up the hill. Behind him, he heard shouts and the sounds of steel on steel.
"Where's the boy?!"
"I saw him heading back up this way!"
Chris's heart lept. He tried to hurry the horse up the hill as much as he could. Eventually, he saw the trees thinning and caught sight of the rope bridge. He got off the horse and slowly walked toward the bridge. Chris looked down to see what he would be crossing over. It was an incredible distance down. A river was at the bottom. He took a deep breath and stepped out onto the bridge. It creaked and swayed, and Chris had thoughts of getting back off. Then he heard several footsteps approaching. Chris began carefully hurrying himself across. Looking back, he saw at least six men, each with swords, joining him on the bridge. Chris was more than nervous. He neared the end of the bridge and realized he didn't know how far Misthalin was. Would he be able to outrun these guys? He just wasn't sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home