A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Road to Cortitia: trouble

Chris hadn't thought that Dr. Robinson had known Milo previously. Chris was curious, however, about the travels that were mentioned in the journal. He looked up to ask Milo about it. Suddenly, the cart halted. Chris looked ahead. They had just come out of the forest. Ahead of them were hilly plains stretching out. To the right was a broken cliff, with a river coming out between the two halves. To the left, the forest continued. Milo seemed to be staring at something in the distance. Whatever it was, Chris couldn't make it out. Milo finally spoke: "bandits..."
Chris looked again into the distance. He could barely make it out, but there were several men on horses speeding across the plains. Milo turned and looked at him. "You ever used a sword?"
Chris was taken aback at the question. Did Milo intend for them to stay and try to fight these guys? "No," Chris answered bluntly.
"Then listen close," he said while taking the harness of the horse. "A while back there was a path that went up a hill to our right. Go back until you find it, and head up the hill. You'll find a small rope bridge. Leave the horse and go across. That'll take you to Misthalin. And take these with you, in case you run into trouble."
Milo handed him a knife. It wasn't even big enough to be considered a dagger. But Chris hoped he wouldn't have to use it anyway. He then handed Chris what looked like a lock pick. Milo helped him onto the horse and sent him on his way. A sudden thought struck Chris. "What about you?!" he yelled back.
"I can take care of myself; don't worry about me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home