A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Misthalin: solution

"ERIC?! I just talked to you last weekend!"
"Pretty weird huh? I'm still trying to figure this out myself. I've got a few theories, but I'm still working on 'em." Eric sat back down.
The woman moved back toward the window. "So you do know each other..."
"I guess so," Chris answered. "What about you?"
"Oh, right. I'm Jen. I've been here for about fifteen years, I think."
"So what are you doing here Chris?" Eric asked.
"On my way to Cortitia. Run into a budget problem though..."
"Better than a jail problem," Jen replied.
"Hey, that gives me an idea..." Chris reached into his pocket an pulled out the lock pick. "Either of you guys know how to pick a lock?"
Eric stood up. "Guess I can give it a try." He took the pick through the window and walked over to the door.
"Wait," Jen said. "What about the guard?"
"Not to mention none of us have any money..." Eric added, still fiddling with the lock.
Chris tried to think of a solution. Looking through the bars, he saw what looked like a wanted poster. It was too far to read, though. "Hey, Eric, what does that sign say?"
"Let's see, 'Wanted for extensive robbery: Kandarin Bandits. Reward: 300 gold pieces.' Why? You don't intend on catching these guys, do you?"
Chris smiled. "I already have."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home