A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Misthalin: leaving

Chris arrived at the building, assuming it to be some sort treasury or city hall. He walked in. The room was well lit. Chris hadn't realized how dark it was getting outside. Chris saw one man sitting at a desk, writing furiously. There were several papers surrounding him. "Can I help you?" he asked.
"As a matter of fact, you can. I'm here to claim a reward." Chris handed him the paper. The man seemed somewhat surprised, but got up and walked into the next room. He walked back out carrying a rather large sack. He sat it down, making a noise like a pocketful of pennies.
"Well, here ya go. Three hundred pieces of gold. Now if you'll excuse me..." He immediately sat back down and continued writing. Chris picked up the sack. It was much heavier than he expected it to be, but he carried it out the door and into a store.
Eric was already inside, holding several different items. The shopkeeper looked at Chris. "So you must be here to pay for all this. Comes to seventy-four pieces of gold." Chris quickly stacked some coins in columns of ten. He got out four more and handed them to the shopkeeper.
"Come on, let's go," Eric said. They walked over to another building, where Jen was waiting. She was standing next to a large cart and a pair of horses. A man walked out with some supplies and put it into the cart. "So how much is it?"
"A hundred and fifty-six gold." Chris got to work counting out the money while Eric began loading the cart. Chris handed the man the coins and got into the cart.
"So are we ready to go?" Eric asked.
Chris and Jen nodded. Chris looked back over the town. He began thinking through the events. "And I just left Arundel this morning..." he thought.
The horses began moving along, taking them through one of the gates of the town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home