A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Outside Misthalin: Chase

Jen got back to the cart with a full waterskin. Eric glanced at Chris, then faced foward. The cart began moving. Eric was right; Jen's story seemed unusual, but he just couldn't think of a reason for her to lie to them.
While he was thinking, Jen spoke up. "Eric, get these horses moving. Fast."
"What? Wh-" Eric turned around, looking just over Chris's shoulder. He swung back around and shouted. "Hold on!"
The cart quickly picked up speed. Chris nearly fell backwards. He gained his balance and turned around. The guards from Misthalin were chasing after them, and gaining fast.
The guards' horses looked much stronger than the two pulling the cart. Chris looked ahead. They seemed to be coming out of the forest. The trees were quickly thinning. It seemed they might be able to keep out of the guards' reach. But the feeling quickly faded. The cart's left wheel hit a large rock, knocking the cart off course. Chris was knocked off balance and nearly fell off the cart. The horses whinnied and slowed to stop. Three guards surrounded them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home