A College Student in King Arthur's Court

Another of my short story blogs, this one goes into more of a fantasy RPG genre. I think it'll give me more liberty into the environments and plots the story can take. I think this one'll turn out pretty good. Plus I like the title.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gallatin, TN

I'm a computer science major at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. I hang out at the Christian Student Center alot, and I like hanging out with friends.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Outside Misthalin: Closing Arguments

"They might buy this!" Chris thought. He stepped up, to add to the drama. "Gentlemen, I am in a hurry. I'm asking you nicely now. Leave and no harm will... um, befall you." The guards didn't seem convinced. Chris decided to go in the direction of Jen's bluff. "Unless you want to be consumed in flames, I suggest you leave!" No good. The guards weren't even looking at him anymore. They were looking over his head. Chris turned around and looked up. The tree had caught fire. He looked at the guards. They had run for the horses. Chris wasn't much concerned with the fact he was standing under a burning tree. He was more concerned about why the tree was burning.
The guards had rode off back towards town. Chris looked back toward Jen. She was smiling. Everything was pretty quiet, aside from the crackling flames. Eric broke the akward silence. "Um, hey Jen?"
"Yeah?"
"Care to explain?"
She took a deep breath. "Yeah."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home